Friday, September 7, 2012

My Booktube Story

A few months ago, through my online buddy, book blogger extraordinaire, Bunny Cates, I found a little thing called "Book Tube"- Book related channels on Youtube. 

A whole new way of book blogging was revealed to me, and i spent hours everyday, for a good few months watching videos. I quickly came to the realisation that the book tube community are amazing. Video after video of book talk, book recommendations, book reviews and so much more. But the thing that makes this community extra special is the people.  How friendly everyone is, and how welcoming they are to new people. 

After a few months of watching (ie-stalking) I decided i wanted IN. So i made a new channel, and started commenting on videos. I was pleasantly surprised when people commented back, and discussions began. After some persuasion from Bunny, I decided to have a go at making videos of my own. And in the last 6 or so weeks, have filmed 8 videos and gained almost 50 subscribers. I am loving it. Having people to chat books with at all hours of the day and night is amazing. Having people that value what i say, and take time out of their day to hear my book recommendations is mind blowing. 

If you haven't already, please check out my youtube channel (links are above), and if you're a book lover, think about joining yourself. You wont regret it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment